Rules of Play and Member Expectations, reflecting Covid-19 Impacts
Following the Provincial Government’s announcement and public health advice, Appleby Tennis Club is reopening with COVID-19 safety precautions in place to keep our members and community safe by minimizing the spread of the virus.
Players will be required to agree to the Rules of Play and Member Expectations before playing. This will be done via a check box when first signing in to the secure members area of the website (i.e. reserving a court).
Members must comply with physical distancing measures, hygiene practices and other public health recommendations to limit virus spread.
We will follow the provincial, city and Tennis Canada recommendations for safe resumption of play. The Board of Directors will review the rules and expectations on a regular basis. Updates will be made as appropriate.
Rules of Play:
- Doubles tennis is permitted, following safe distancing protocols.
- Players must book online before play. Walk-ons will not be permitted.
- Guests will not be permitted to play or watch.
- Spectators will not be allowed. Only members who have booked online will be permitted. One parent may accompany a child for lessons.
- Court bookings will be staggered. Courts 1, 3 and 5 may be booked on the hour and courts 2, 4 and 6 on the half hour. This will minimize the number of people entering and leaving the premises at the same time.
- There will be no round robins, leagues or tournaments at this time.
- There will be no social events at this time.
- Only one person at the practise wall.
- Members are requested to bring their own can of balls for use during the player’s service games. Use a permanent marker to initial your tennis balls.
- Do not pick tennis balls up with your hands. Return balls using your racquet and/or foot.
- The clubhouse will be closed. Access to the washrooms and water fountain is to be limited.
- First aid supplies and defibrillator may be accessed through the club pro.
- Stay home if you are sick or if you have had recent exposure to COVID-19 (See the Halton Public Health for details on self screening).
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and use before and after using the gate code.
- Do not shake hands after play.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Do not change ends. Stay on the same side of the court for the duration of play.
- Do not share equipment such as racquets, ball clips.
- Equipment such as squeegies and scoring towers will not be available for use. Ball tubes will only be used by the club pro and will be disinfected after every use.
- Bring your own water.
Tennis Pro's Plan for Reopening:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to members taking lessons.
- Lessons will be scheduled 15 minutes apart to assure physical distancing guidelines are followed.
- One parent may accompany their child to lessons.
- Social distancing requirements (2 meters) will be adhered to with private and semi-private and/or group lessons.
- Private and semi-private lessons only for the first 3-4 weeks of opening (according to provincial and city guidelines) and as restrictions allow, up to 4 people for group lessons.
- Clients and one parent will be expected to follow the Member Expectations (see above).
- All equipment including ball tubes, top of nets and net posts will be sanitized between lessons.
- Tennis balls will be sprayed with Lysol daily.
- Cashless payment for all lessons.
- A daily record of all lessons with dates, times and participants will be kept to help with contact tracing if necessary.