Rules of Play and Member Expectations, reflecting Covid-19 Impacts
Following the Provincial Government, Municipal Government and public health advise, Appleby Tennis Club will open with COVID-19 safety precautions in place to keep our members and community safe by minimizing the spread of the virus.
Players will be required to agree to the Rules of Play and Member Expectations before booking a court.
We will follow the province, city and Tennis Canada recommendations and our Board of Directors will review and update the rules and expectations on a regular basis.
New Rules of Play:
- Our courts are grouped in 2’s and we will stagger court bookings. Courts 1, 3 and 5 may be booked on the hour and courts 2, 4 and 6 on the half hour. This will minimize the number of people entering and leaving the premises at the same time.
- Arrive a few minutes before scheduled time and do not linger on the courts after play.
- Players must book online before play. Walk-ons will not be permitted.
- No guests are permitted.
- A parent/guardian may accompany junior players.
- Spectators are discouraged at this time.
- Only one person at the practise wall unless from the same household.
- Do not pick tennis balls up with your hands. Return balls to other courts using your racquet and/or foot.
- The clubhouse and washrooms will be closed until further notice.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Stay 3 metres apart before, during and after play.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and use before and after using the gate code.
- Hand sanitize at regular intervals.
- Do not shake hands after play.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Do not share equipment such as racquets, ball clips.
- Bring your own water.
Please follow rules posted at the gate entrance, clubhouse doors, washrooms and on the courts.